Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rain Rain...

Where are the rains????? In all my years at Mumbai I have never wished for the rains so much... its sultry and hot and I find it difficult to sleep in my house.... ofcourse I have the option of fitting in an AC in my house but given my new environmental activism I prefer not to increase consumption of electricity... in any event, the tradition has always been that the heat would come close to boiling point and then the rains would douse it out....

But not this time ... apparently the cyclone "Gonu" in Oman has distracted our sweet little monsoons to go to the gulf rather than come to Mumbai.... What the heck???? And apparently rains have reached Punjab and Shimla while the rest of the country is reeling under a heat wave.... and this is what I want to know - What does Punjab and Shimla have that Mumbai doesnot? Why this step motherly treatment? Why? Why?

And I have made a bargain with the monsoons... if they come soon I shall take pictures of Mumbai in the rains... showing monsoons in all their glory.....

No comments: