Saturday, June 30, 2007

People Like Us

One of the most irritating things I find about people is when they give me the "people like us" dialogue... Let me explain....

sometimes you are just sitting around discussing and dissecting problems in life - for instance that leaky tap in your house, or the maid that steals your sugar or what will happen in two years....or the perennial problem that women have to discuss about - Weight!!.... and then suddenly the person most affected by the problem inlcudes you in the problem by saying "for people like us it is so difficult"..... and I go completely mad hearing this.... and I feel like screaming - "Listen! Dont inlcude me in your problems. My problems are mine and I have enough of them so I cant be bothered about your problems that you think is a problem for me as well."

Ofcourse that rarely happens and most often I just turn away and change the topic... next time I should probably say "yeah, who would have thought being so damn good looking would cause so many problems".... that way the person also feels good and I come away looking good.....

Thats a plan.

No comments: