Friday, September 10, 2010

Coasting Through Costa Rica

My Boss at Milbank was really surprised that I had chosen to go to Costa Rica... and asked me "but why Costa Rica?"... my answer could not have been more insane.... I told him that the real inspiration for my trip was ...Jurassic Park! I remember watching the movie and thinking that Dinos got to live in this beautiful magical place with mountains, forests and rivers ... and gues what it was shot in Costa Rica! As far as I was concerned Costa Rica was calling out to me... and I just responded....

Well what can you say about a place that has Volcanos, cloud forests, tropical forest and beaches adjoining those forests! Pura Vida ofcourse! which means Pure Life.... and Costa Ricans really mean it - everything in Costa Rica is natural - no artificial ingredients.... so one day I was watching the active Arenal Volcana, and the next day I was sipping water as the clouds invaded my room in Monteverde Cloud reserve forest and the day after that I walked through a tropical forest to reach a white sand beach! While all the way gazing at exotic species of animals! ofcourse I did nothing more than click pictures at the beach since I dont swim - like my friend commented - you are a total waste at the beach....

And for the first time in my life I did the Zip Lines - which is basically you zipping through the mountain ranges held up by nothing more than a pulley and belts... and it was exhilarating to zip through clouds at Monteverde... imagine only seeing white around and not seeing what is at the end of the zip line.... I really thought I was crusing through heaven... if that is heaven then I am going to be a better person on earth to earn a berth there....

As always I managed to meet different people from different backgrounds on this trip..... and it was an advantage that I was travelling alone... many were less reserved since I was so easy to approach... others were curious to know how I am able to travel alone and wanted to do it themselves... many others were just interested in knowing about India and I was only happy to oblige....

lots of interesting conversations, meals and zip rides later I am back in Washington... which has suddenly become colder than I last remembered.... that just means one thing - Fall is here! waiting to take pictures with the fall leaves....

So my friends - have a Pura Vida.... travel alone for once in your life... and see how much more lovelier life becomes.....

No comments: