Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Follow Me...

Looks like the BMC (Mumbai Municipal Corporation) is indeed following me and deciding to undertake repairs on all the roads that I frequent....

It started off with the flyover next to my office which was shut for about 3 months .....effectively increasing my commute time by another 20 minutes.... then it was the very road that I live on - Hill Road!!.... always a busy road or as my friend calls it the "Hell Road", the BMC decided to take action on the road once a huge crater appeared due to a underground pipe burst.... so one side of the road was cordoned off completely for all commuters and it has been shut for more than 2 months now.... so instead of hawkers blocking the road, now we have yellow and black asbestos sheets blocking us.... at least with the hawkers one could shove them to one side or zig zag your way through the maze....while at the same time looking at the amazing collection of designer wear called "Prado", "Guchi" "Armany"..... ofcourse the hawkers made a come back during Christmas and put stalls on the newly dug up roads...probably the only time they realised they wont be disturbed by the police or the BMC officials since once a road is dug up it will be months before any officials come to check on it..... and now it is the road leading to my sister's place..... called Currey Road...most often the only thing that is currying there is traffic jams but it is a shorter route from my sister's place to my office.... and now that the road has been dug up it forces me to go through the busier option of Elphinston Station road..... ofcourse this is in addition to the occassional shut downs at Mahim junction which are sometimes due to repairs, sometimes due to festivals and sometimes due to the number of people just deciding to leave home at the same time.....

So this what I have to say to BMC...STOP FOLLOWING ME!!!

No comments: