Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tom and Jerry...

Okk I have a new housemate.... a dirty, round little rat... and I am so repulsed by it that I dont even feel like naming it ... like I did with Bubli- the friendly pigeon outside my bathroom... now it is not like no other house has rats in them... the problem is when it comes to a Mumbai house it becomes crowded... for instance, in my house where I feel like I run into myself everynow and then, having a rat is a serious affront to my prvacy ....

so off I went this Sunday to buy all the rat eliminating paraphernalia.... so there was the fancy bubble trap and the rat poison.... all of which was positioned all over my house with the strong belief that it will work..... and as with most over confident actions, nothing worked!!!! the rat had dodged all the traps and gone straight for the crevices to hide...and mockingly started making noises almost saying "Ha ha. Catch me if you can". And at one juncture I drove the rat out of its hiding place and parallely ran for my life.... and both the rat and me went around in circles trying to dodge each other... at one point it was unclear as to who was chasing whom.......finally the rat broke the monotony of the chase by running behind the fridge and I ran away into the safety of the bedroom....

Now I am just irritated... Irritated cos the rat is infringing on my private space, cos I am scared of the rat and the rat is not scared of me, cos the rat just makes my lovely house appear dirty....

today I tried out a new system of catching the rat... hopefully when I reach back I will find the rat trapped...

No comments: