Friday, January 19, 2007

The woman who made me speechless....

Well since my last blog was on the film Guru, I thought I might as well continue with the same theme.... a day after watching Guru, Aishwarya and Abhishek announced their engagement.... it made it to the front pages of all newspapers... we had the royalty of bollywood marrying.... I was ofcourse excited about it....

and I thought back to how Ash was the one woman I was compared to since I was 23... no people I am not even close to Ash in the looks department ........ 23 is the age when arranged marriage proposals started pouring into my life...... so anytime I would express my opinion about the looks of a boy, my mom would turn around and ask "Do you think you look like Aishwarya Rai that you can be so choosy about looks?" and I would be rendered speechless by such a comparison... no I am not Aiswarya Rai and Aishwarya Rai is not me ...but where did I ever say that I am Aish Rai and hence I find the man not goodlooking? ........ well..... those are days of yore... my mother shut up finally when she saw Aishwarya Rai herself not doing too well in the love department ...until now that is......even if it is after marrying a tree....

and such constant comparisons always make me think- what would Ash Rai's mother tell Ash Rai herself if she was ever in a position like my mom? Who would she compare Ash to? She obviously cannot ask Aishwarya Rai herself "Do you think you look like Aishwarya Rai that you can be so choosy about looks?" "....perplexing question....

Anyways it is not a new thing that Ash Rai rendered people speechless with her beauty... in my case however it was for a totally totally different reason....

No comments: