Sunday, July 08, 2007

I always find it difficult to assess whether people like me or not... actually I dont trust my assessment... so while I might have gone around thinking everything is perfect in my equation the other person had a totally different take on it.... so I am really reluctant to readily accept any evaluation of people liking me.....

and more so with kids.... I am just not sure whether they like me or not ... Christy baffles me sometimes.... he sometimes calls me up to say that he misses me.... but the next time he sees me he starts hitting and biting me .... and I come away feeling completely confused.... and now it is the turn of Baby George.... given the fact that I was the first person in the world to hold him my mom feels that I will always share a special bond with him.... I disbelieve that... firstly cos I generally dont consider myself to be great with kids (although my friends say that I am great with them) and secondly he is a baby!! how much does he know about the nurse who held him and me .... and recently when I was showing one of those home videos of Baby George and me my friend immediately quipped "he likes you so much"... what??? no way.. he is just playing .... ...

and today when I went to my sister's place, my sister tells me that Baby George heard my voice from the other room, listened for a while and then smiled... my sister was completely shocked.... and after a while of playing, Baby George refused to go to sleep ... and when he did he kept raising his head to see whether I was around.... and ofcourse the standard routine of following me around the house continued today as well....... and me being me I stood in differents parts of the room just to see whether he would actually come to me... and he did!!

After all this I came away thinking - Does Baby George really like me that much??? Nah... he is probably bored of routine ....

No comments: