Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The One Fetish

I have finally come to terms with the one fetish I have in life - Shoes!... I buy shoes as if my life depends on it.. so I have shoes for rains, shoes for summer, shoes for winter, shoes for office (ofcourse!), shoes for trekking, shoes for formal dinner and myriad other activities that I keep thinking I will undertake....


But recently my fetish for shoes has had quite a painful outcome.... After nearly 3 months I decided to splurge on shoes and trotted off to Metro Shoes... and purchased what I thought were really nice looking pair of shoes... I mean my feet looked nice in them and I could walk in them (in the shop at least)..what more do I need?..... and excitedly wore it in office the next minute... except I didnt stop to consider the effect wood pannelling in my office would have on my dainty little shoes.... I kept slipping and kept holding on to anything (including humans) to prevent a complete humiliation....


and off I stormed to the shop to exchange my one minute old shoe.... and got in its stead another dainty pair of shoes... well I looked nice in them, I could walk in them (I checked on wooden panneling as well)... what more do I need??.... and excitedly wore it in office the next minute.... this time I didnt stop to consider whether the shoes would actually fit me!!! It feels as if the shoes are baying for my blood and I walk around as if I am making my feet do some penance for some past sin....


Penance and me dont look too good together.... and now it is too humiliating for me to go back and change my shoes once again ...

There are two options for me - never wear my shoes again which is completely scandalous to my middle class mentality or become as thin as Victoria Beckam so that my entire body fits into the shoes.. ofcourse in the process I can look like I am doing penance for having ever eaten in my life... hmmm...

No comments: