Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rat Race

Sometimes I feel it is so easy to be swelled up by the great race called the rat race... where everybody is running towards the finish line so that they can get the best acclaim in life - to be called the BEST RAT by the rest of the rats!....

Now mind you I am also in the rat race... I am not for one sitting on the sidelines and claiming to be a creature other than a rat.... I am one and will continue to be so till my EMI does not dictate my work life balance...

But what I dont like is the rat race coming into my personal life.... everybody judges - including me - but I hate the fact that the judgment is so easily passed .... recently a family friend visited me in Mumbai and asked me "Do you have your own house?" Nope. "Do you have your own car?" Nope. "Do you have a cook?" Nope. Next thing I knew she had gone around telling everyone in Kerala how poor(!!) I am.

While it made me laugh I began to wonder - will I ever be considered rich without having a car, a flat and a cook? Will I ever be considered as successful without achieving titles? Will I ever be considered happy without showing the ingredients of the happiness?

No comments: