Friday, December 17, 2010

OMG!!!!!

Its snowing in London and how!! They predicted that 'Artic' conditions would come to England ...I didnt expect to see a blizzard.... sitting in office it was spectacular to see snow falling so ferociously .... and soon enough the photographer in me took over and I went out clicking pictures... ofcourse the problem is that I cannot download any of the pictures till after I come back to India....

And yet again I was asked my opinion about someone else regarding a very important decision in life.... and this person had been really really really nasty to me .... and to think that so many years later somebody asked me my opinion about this person.... this just reinforces my learning that you better be nice to everybody you meet in life... including the maid who cooks and cleans for you.... cos I think reputation is built in a non-discriminatory manner... no matter who is saying it some part of the bad review will stick with you.....

In other news, I am surprised at the hue and cry about what Rahul Gandhi said about indigenous fundamentalists... I mean what was wrong with what he said... I think he spoke sensibly... he merely said that locals are unlikely to support external agencies as much as they would support local fundamentalists.... so many people will reject the call to arms by Pakistan in India ... but many may succumb to the call to arms by Narendra Modi... so we have to be careful about all kinds of people who foster division... now what is so wrong with that?????????? and BJP cos of a lack of issue has jumped on that statement and said that he is dividing India....really BJP???? you have the gall to say that???? I lived through the hatred that your partyment spewed on December 6th and post that... my school had to be closed because of the dangers that your party men promised.... you made me fear for my own safety... I am grateful that you dont have a foothold in Kerala otherwise my parents would have had to flee the state because we are christians.... and you have the gall to say that?????? really now.....

Everybody seems to have backed off the PM.... but the lingering thot in everybody's head is why did the PM not take steps against an errant minister... were his hands tied??? is he a weak PM? I would tend to agree that it does not show his in good light... he is aboev suspicion but to turn a blind eye is also a lesser crime.... somebody compared him to Bhimshma of Mahabharta... where due to the compulsions of the political alliance he was forced to support the Kauravas against the Pandavas.... I think that description is apt for him... he is the type of man who, if he is knocked down by the opposition, the opposition would feel bad for that.... like Arjun cried when he had to shoot arrows into Bhishma's body....

No comments: