Monday, December 20, 2010

This weekend had a lot of firsts for me.... first off was the party that I hosted... I invited the people I had met in London and who had been really kind and warm to me..... it was my first hosting outside India and also for non-office crowd....many people came and I was the gracious hostess.... some lessons learnt... now I hope to be able to handly a party better if not host a party better.....

Then it was witnessing one of the worst snow storms that Britain has ever seen in like 25 years.... as I looked out of my window I saw the flurries come down in torrents! Ferociously..... and I watched from the safety of my home (while listening to NDTV live on the internet) I could not help but get into the middle of the action.... so there I was bundled up in all my winter finery walking through the snow storm... surprisingly it was not very cold outside and I was feeling quite warm.... and slowly as London was bathed in white I made my way back home.... only to venture out again at night to go to a dinner.... and that is when the hazards of snow actually hit me.... the tube was not working properly... I opted to take the bus to the dinner... which meant waiting in the cold for about 15 minutes... and even worse to see the buses trudging along slowly due to the ice on the road.... luckily I had a ride in a lexus on the way back home from the dinner....

and then today it was one more day of snow adventure ..... my friends and I after polishing off a traditional English breakfast set for Hampstead heath..... apparently a very British thing to do........ and what a sight it was ..... the entire park was white with specks of snowman around... one of them had its head knocked off... and there were two frozen lakes.... quite picture perfect.... and I made a mental note to make a painting of the scene... and then we went up the Parliament Hill (I think) which had spectacular views of London.... and it was there that I tried out sledging..... if only for a bit.... ....

and then we walked back home and ended our adventure with divine hot chocolate.... yummm...

note to everyone: snow fall is better than actual fallen snow... cos it is really really cold....

No comments: