Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What will I remember about London the most?

Definitely not the 'Mind the Gap' monotone that greets me everyday in the tube.... or the bland food..... I think I will definitely miss the warmth of the people in London... everybody has been so friendly and welcoming here.... that I was immediately made to feel at home.... I find London to be a unique cross between the British and international community... perhaps there is no other city in the world that matches London's diversity...... or its culture.... I look forward to continuing my association with London in some form or the other....

Having lived and loved London this time round I think one thing that has become clear to me is that what makes a city your home is not what the city has to offer in terms of places to see and things to do... it is the people.....I love Mumbai because I am able to be myself... and I love London because I could be myself here....and what aided that feeling was clearly the people I hang around with in these cities....and in my mind I cannot say mumbai is better or london is better... because both of them offered me the same thing, albeit differently....

I will ofcourse miss the funny street names of London city.... Staining lane, Gutter Lane, Ward of Cheap (when it is located in one of the most expensive places in the world!) and Ward of Bread...

As they say, the English are crazy....

No comments: