Monday, December 06, 2010

The weekend weather was much more mild than expected and that added to the festivities....

so the weekend was jam packed as always... but as with any best laid plans some of them had to be rescheduled... first off was the bollywood movie that I had planned to see with some friends... when we landed there the movie had been cancelled!!! something that has never happened to me in India.... ofcourse as compensation we were given free tickets to see another movie... and I ended up sleeping through a boring movie.... but the most important thing was spending time with my friends here.... in between trying to catch the movie my friends and I went to the ICA and had deep heart felt conversations over coffee and hot chocolate.... the ICA is an artist cafe overlooking what I think is St. James Park... and then off we went to the Winter Wonderland again..... and this time I did all the rides.... and screamed my head off....especially when at the 'tower' and the damn thing plunged 200 metres ! topped off the whole visit with german sausages.... given that I was with Germans the choice of cuisine was limited.... when I reported this to my German friend, he immediately reacted 'I feel bad that you had to spend time with Germans'... hahah.. my friend is mad....

and then Sunday was the day I did something new....I went skating!!! and I was terrible at it... it is very difficult to stand free when all that is between you and the ice is a blade on your feet... anyways my friends held my hand and made me do two rounds on the ice rink... ater that it was back to holding the railing and walking along...... and I got several pity looks from onlookers.... many asked whether it was the first time for me ... and I cheekily asked 'what gave it away?'.... and as I held the railing and walked along many were doing the same... and one of them while crossing me joking said 'aww now we are so close we need to hug'... I think my skates moved at rapid speed at that.... all in all it was a fab experience...... and I have a picture to prove it as well....

the cold is a but bothersome... especially since going out means padding yourself up ... and then when you are inside you had to remove all the padding... I am sure I will get bored of it soon.... and a lot of londoners dont seem to like the cold at all.. and most wish for climate like Mumbai... ahhh yes...

living in london has made me question certain fundamental things .... I have not yet resolved the questions in my head but I sure hope I come to happy conclusions.... it is a new perspective that I have now.... not sure whether it will last .....

well what can I say.. it is not easy to be in love with two cities!

No comments: