Thursday, December 09, 2010

So many things to write about ... and no time... and also some connection problems....

I met someone who had just recently been to Mumbai... the person lives in New York... and he was mentioning that he found Mumbai to be really energetic... and I quizzed him... surely not more energetic than New York... his response was surprising.... accordingly to him Mumbai was way more energetic than New York....

I was completely thrown by that response... I have never lived in New York for a long period of time... but everytime I have been there I have found the place brimming with energy.... there is some sort of current going through the veins of that city and I always find myself completely joyous when I am there...

but come to think of it - I have found that sort of current only in Mumbai... not even in London... infact in London sometimes I find it very difficult to understand why things are not open later than 7 pm... and why the tube shuts down at 12:30... the sort of 24/7 life that I see in Mumbai is not there in London......I presumed that New York was like that.... and probably it is....

I have often said that Mumbai is my fav city in the world... with London coming a close second.... and while London was added to the list only because of the wonderful experiences I have had over here... Mumbai is my favourite partly because it is MY city... something I can claim as my own... and not be challeneged (except by the MNS probably)....

No comments: