Tuesday, July 27, 2010

After my trip to Canada I am suddenly struck by a sense of loneliness... maybe it was the effect of spending time with my cousins or just the excitement of seeing a new place... but now that I have come back to my routine life in DC I am suddenly feeling sad...

i am so pissed with this loneliness that I am not speaking to anyone.... maybe a nice hindi movie will cheer me up..... in all this I wonder how I would have felt if I had been in Mumbai... firstly I would have had no time to think about all these things.. secondy I would have been back in familiar territory feeling pampered by my maid, cook and driver and eating cooked food made by someone else other than me.... I would have watched the news (which I do here as well) and felt bad that India is not prepared for the CWG games (and also made mental notes about what I would have done differently) .... and then it would have been a crazy day at work since everybody in India works like crazy... I would have spoken to my friends and my sister about my trip... perhaps visited Baby George and felt cheerful and come back...and after a long day at work I would retire for the night feeling exhauted and wondering when my next holiday will be...

In Washington things are a bit different.... my apartment needs serious cleaning... my cooking still sucks... I have no ironed clothes which means I have to iron them....

Am I homesick?

What gave it away?

No comments: