Friday, July 30, 2010

So I have joined for watercolour painting classes starting this weekend... and I am yet to buy all the art supplies... now when I signed up for the classes I thot I would just have to land up in class and a few strokes of my brush I would have a masterpiece in my hands... no... I have to still buy the supplies... and today I thot I would brave the Washington heat and go and buy.... but lo and behold when I went out, what greets me? the Rain!!!! so I have come back to my desk and waiting for the rain to go so that little alice can go and buy...

why painting? Cos I read somewhere that the best way to relax for a lawyer is to paint.... something about how colours make you happy.... I know I am terrible at painting but somewhere I feel I have a creative side to me... and I want to find out what that is.... there is something so magical about the brush strokes bringing a place or an event to life... and I love that process of transformation...

This is in addition to the photography classes that I have taken and where I have got the unexpected learning that everybody in the world wants to be a photographer... and I am not really good at it... but I still love it... and one of my most cherished memories is the time I spent with my camera taking pictures early morning.... ahhh bliss... some like reading.. I like taking photos...

now to go back to mumbai, develop them and frame them up.... and put them up in my house... out with the old and in with the new...

No comments: