Friday, July 30, 2010

The murky world of our politics

Now I love following political news... how parties garner votes and how some squandered away the opportunity to make this country better....I am not sure why I like politics but it might have something to do with my father who was a staunch follower of such news... I like the combinations, like the compromises that are drawn up, like the ability of politicians to connect with the people and also the ability to improve the lot of the people....

However I have been following the murky dealings of the Sohrabuddin murder case... where the home minister of Gujarat gave direct orders to kill the man... and they did! how? Cos they could! I cant believe in this day and age politicians have such a say in a person's life...the audcaity of a Government to actually sponsor a death... not to mention the carnage that they inflicted on muslims after Godhra... and the most amazing part, Indians always voted the same Government back.... to think the Chief Minister Modi actually thinks this is a war between national and anti-national forces...

Mr. Modi. Please do not speak for the rest of India. We really hope you didnt authorise such behaviour (cos that would shake my belief that only good governments get back to power) but please do not position yourself as a nationlist on our behalf. I am a Christian and I am also a patriotic Indian.

And to think BJP actually proposed his name as the PM for the country!! I am so glad the BJP is not in power and the mess they are in doesnot seem to indicate that they will be in power anytime soon.

I hope Manmohan Singh stays in good health.

No comments: