Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Okk... so I am not a great cook... and I dont like cooking unless it is for people who enjoy my cooking....
so in the US I went around asking for a cook... and all I got were incredulous looks! like what are you saying? why dont you cook yourself?? apparently people here dont believe in taking help with cooking....

In the US everything is a do it yourself... you do everything yourself... and the system is completely suited to that.. you have the dishwasher, you have the washing machine, you have the vaccum cleaner etc.... and some of the ads on TV are all about how you can change your sink, tiles etc - all by yourself if you buy the easy to follow manual from a particular shop... and I am thinking - when do people actually find the time todo all this? in between working 14 hours, they also have to be good at carpentry? No wonder carpentry is one of the courses in school here...

I am getting more and more respect for my country....

No comments: