Thursday, July 22, 2010

I just had a discussion with a woman whose parents ran away from communism in Russia.... and I asked her whether she still had relatives back in Russia and she said yes... at first instinct my reaction was that - you left your country behind.... you didnt stay back to fight it.... and then I thought to myself... staying back what would they have done anyways? most people are ordinary looking to lead ordinary lives... most often they would have just been deported or killed.. .and then what good would have come of it if they actually stayed behind? Just by staying behind are you able to prove your loyalty to your country?

I dont think so.... staying back and doing nothing about yourself or even about improving society is probably a worst case scenario than flying out of the country to make a better life for yourself...

Staying in America has made me question a lot of my prejudices....

No comments: