Monday, July 12, 2010

So I have started attending my first weekend classes.... and when asked by my teacher where I am from I unhesitatingly replied "Mumbai!"... the MNS would be so proud of me...

But when my teacher got excited by Mumbai saying "that is a place I have always wanted to visit".. I immediately responded "Oh, there is nothing to do in Mumbai"... and that is when the teacher very gently told me of a book he read... the story was of a boy who was so bored of the street he lived in that he kept sitting out on the street saying "nothing ever happens on my street. This is the most boring street in the world"... and the book shows how while the boy is waiting for excitement to reach him, behind him the street was abuzz with activity... fire down the road, policement catching a thief, kids dancing on the street... and the boy was oblivious to that... and my teacher gently pointed out..... you are like the boy in the book... you think nothing ever happens in Mumbai but the prob is most likely that you dont see it...

How true.... I like the teacher....

No comments: