Monday, November 29, 2010

Ahh weekends....

So this weekend was as usual packed from top to bottom.... Sat I watched a English Premier League match... while I had wanted to watch the top clubs like Man U or Arsenal I was able to get tickets only for West Hampstead.... and boy was it worth it!!!! first of all the entire stadium is filled with West Ham fans.... and one corner of the stadium has the 'guest' crowd which were the supporters of Wigan Athletic..... and they were sufficiently protected by the police since West Ham is known for its riotous unruly behaviour and at the end of the match they are quickly hearded off onto a bus and driven off.... and the crowd erupted everytime West Ham scored... infact Wigan Athletic scored one goal too but the stadium was so quiet that I thought the referee had not allowed it.... that was how strong the crowd was.... and I watched this all in -1 degrees... I tried jumping and doing on the spot running to increase my body heat.... but all to no avail... England is going through an unprecedented winter in Nov and I got caught in the middle of it....

That done Sunday was again a visit to the Winter Wonderland with friends.... and this time I had two cups of chocolate ... mixed with Baileys ofcourse... and then met a friend for dinner and was caucght up in the conversation till 11... and then tried walking back home... and got into the bus only when a speck of snow fell on my nose..... I am still not prepared for that kind of cold yet people....

I feel like repeating my statement about London again... but I shall refrain... I sense Mumbai fuming....

No comments: