Monday, November 29, 2010

Tube Strike

Alright... I know I come from a developing country and have no right to crib.... but today there was a tube strike in London for a day... now given my experience on the first day I landed up here I should have been expecting the chaos... ofcourse I didnt... what was my reasoning? well its a developed country.... so their chaos would anyday be better than the normal in India... was the flawed reasoning I used....

anyways I walked out of the house to go to the bus stop... one bus came and it didnt stop since it was full... no worries.. this is London... things have to work... second bus came.... again it didnt stop.... and then another one.... oh god....in desperation I asked a traffic policemen how to get to my office fastest... and his response was - walking! thankyou..but can we get serious please.... so he told me to walk till the beginning of the bus route (akin to the bus depot) and catch a bus from there..... welll that is what I did... I was ecstatic when I got the bus and also got a seat... ahh.. I will have uninterrupted ride to my office....yaya.... I slowly positioned my muffler to act like a cushion against which I could rest my head and catch a little nap... my quiet was rudely brought to a halt by the brakes of the bus at regent street.... the lady announced 'this bus will terminate here'... and I was like "what????????" how can this happen.... but happen it did... so in the biting cold I picked up my belongings and stood outside waiting for the next busy to come..... and by the time the bus came I was frost bitten... and ready to cut my toes..... I finally reached the office 2 hours later as a ice popsicle.....

is there anything good out of all this?? well a better appreciation for my car and my driver back home.... and also for the warm temperature... and ofcourse the opportunity to scan the fabulous clothes at the shops at regent street.....

so no one can blame me for not looking at the silver lining in any situation........

No comments: