Sunday, November 14, 2010

Remembrance Day











This Sunday was Remembrance Day in UK - the day when all the solidiers are honoured.... as on Britisher put it 'every 20 years we send men and women to war which is stupid.. and then we keep aside a day to tell them that we remember that".... well it was a sombre ceremony.... the veterans came out in huge numbers... and there were a lot of red poppies around... and I believe the queen came out to lay the wreath... ofcourse I didnt see her and she didnt see me (what a loss to her!)..... but I managed to walk around St. James Park... and capture the mood... it was a rainy day so the grey is all pervading in the photos.... the picture of the duck was one I never expected to take since I dont particularly fancy animal photos.... but this duck was very friendly... and came very close to me... and started posing... almost asking 'comeon, take me in this pose'... and I obliged.... and the duck seemed totally upset when I walked off.... I did walk off but after saying a very heartfelt 'Thankyou'.... and the one with the police officer was taken after I sought his permission.... I had heard that they dont allow people to take any photos of the police force anymore so I was pleased to be given permission... and he strikes a good resemblance to Hugh Grant I think.....

all in all a tiring day...... and totally cold....

No comments: