Thursday, November 04, 2010

So Obama's democractic party took a beating in the mid term polls.... I fundamentally feel that Obama is a good guy... but while I was living in the US I could sense a growing consternation amongst the public.... 'why are things not moving forward?'... 'where is the change that he promised?' Like my boss in US told me Obama is under such scrutiny that even if he goes to the bathroom people will say 'why did he do that?'..... and with the BP crisis he was criticised for being too hard on BP for demanding 20 billion deposit as security for payments....all in all it seemed as if Obama was just not getting the pulse of the people....

But what I cant understand is that people actually think that republican party gets the pulse?? the party that sat in power for 8 years, in the span of which they initiated 2 disastrous wars which is still continuing and the biggessstttttt financial mess since the depression.... in terms of not getting the pulse of the people I would think the republican party would be the first in line for execution....

I have not yet figured out how the American public votes... is it emotional? is it intelligent? if latter, then why vote for the same party that caused their economic problems?

I liked Obama's response at the press conference 'It feels bad' he said..that is so human.......I like him... I hope people recognise that he is a good person with good intentions.... and I genuinely feel bad for him right now....

Dont worry Obama, go to India and have a good time - celebrate it with the festival of lights!

No comments: