Thursday, November 04, 2010

so one of the biggest things that perplex me in life is the whole name changing thing that women go through after marriage....most certainly it is custom around the world with even Hillary Clinton having had to change her name .... to me it sounds crazy that I could have one identity half of my life and then completely change it once I get married..... and some of the newly married women argue 'whats in a name? you are replacing one man's name with another man's name'... Ahem... dont these ladies see the subtle distinction between a father and a husband? I mean every human being takes the fathers name (that is a totally different issue which I shall discuss in another post) so there is not much discrimination there.... but when women take the husbands name it is almost signifying that now I have gone over to the protective custody of a new man... so whats in a name they ask... well if you ask that then whats there in the right to vote? afterall why bother since all of them are criminals? or whats there in the right to practice religion? after all God is one even though called by different names.....and while we are at it why dont we women agree to marry 5 men at one go a la Drupadi style, after all men are all the same so what does it matter if you have to be married to 5 of them?

people are free to choose... but please do not give any spiel by saying that there is nothing significant about changing ones name cos of marriage... it is a huge step....

No comments: