Monday, November 01, 2010




I clutched a camera today and roamed the streets of London at night... wowo I sound like a crime reporter.... except instead of crime I was looking for perfect pictures..... and London did not disappoint me..... infact while taking the picture with the two bottles a group stood behind me while taking the picture... and when I turned to them thinking I was blocking their way, they commented 'no no, please continue. we love people making art!'.... ahem... I didnt want to correct them... so I let them think that I was actually a master photographer at work who shuns daylight in the fear that I will be discovered!

In other news, my piano classes have become like a balm to my frayed nerves.... it relaxes me so much to just hear me play... and the teachers keeps telling me that I am good which motivates me even furtehr to try harder.... and he commented about how easy it is to teach an adult.... he usually teaches kids so he is happy that the pick up time is much faster... I agreed with him... and today he had got another student.. and I asked him whether it was a young kid again he replied 'no no, very old - he is 35." I just kept playing - pretending to have not heard the age... I guess in piano years 35 is really old....

Also all these pictures I have taken are with a new camera... and the secret is to do everything manually... all these pictures were taken in the night with no tripod and no flash... all due to some good camera work which enables you to take the light from the object itself to take the photos... I love it ! I have always felt handicapped by the lack of any night photos in my life... and now I have it... the only prob is that this camera is so big that I have to carry it around in a separate suitcase... definitely not a pretty looking sight anywhere you go.... hmmm....

No comments: