Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Baby George and me connected across the continents once again... and in his parting line he asked 'you coming to see me?'...

Now tell me how can anyone refuse that invitation??

In other news, there is a tube strike in London today ... again I must add....and as always the whole city went into traffic jam mode.....I decided to walk since the weather was just sooo nice....not too cold, not too hot .. just right.... I just missed the camera this time...

So this weekend is diwali and Guy Fawkes day ... about Guy Fawkes...the other day on the train I was asking my English friend why people celebrate Guy Fawkes day in the total misunderstanding that Guy Fawkes was actually being venerated.... for the ignorant, Guy Fawkes is the guy who tried to blow up the English parliament and was caught just in the nick of time and burnt alive..... and my questions to my English friend were like 'so why do you guys have fireworks in honor of a guy who tried to blow up your parliament ?'.... turns out my understanding was totally wrong.... so this weekend I shall be going over to the Thames to watch the fireworks....

In other news, I dabbled in some window shopping in London... now things are so expensive in London compared to America that I only do window shopping here ... and occassionally go inside as well.... and mostly I like getting attention from the sales persons who try to sell you stuff... and all of them flatter you so much that you feel so good about yourself... one of the salesmen actually told me that 'those shoes look like they were made for you'.. and I feel like saying 'buddy, at 250 quid it was most certainly was not made for me'... and once a lady in America, after I came out of the changing room in a new dress, told me 'you know,that looks so good on you you should consider modelling that for our catalogue'... and I thought to myself - so there is no limit to how much people can lie to get you to sell a product... others are ofcourse more straightforward... a very helpful girl in a shop once came back to help because she said she figured out that I 'knew nothing' about clothes and needed help.... well i did end up buying some stuff from the shop ofcourse....

Ok now I shall get back to figuring how to meet Baby George ...

No comments: