Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A bad carpenter always blames his tools.... so I had one of those moments when I was complaining to my dad about how it is such a chore to cook.... and how no matter what recipe I follow the food always tastes bad... and then almost defensively explained to my dad that somehow the vegetables here dont have the same taste as the veggies back home... and dont even talk about the spices... most of the spices have lost all their flavours by the time they land up here and hence my food tastes really really bad...

My dad listened patiently and then said "No, I dont think so. I think you are just a bad cook"....

and before I could even protest he immediately said "I will give it to Mummy"... and promptly handed over the phone to my squealing mom....

1 comment:

SB said...

Haha! Alice, its time to come visit me. Dilip's kitchen is full of shortcuts that you'll love :) ps. and you'll still get kachiya moore!