Friday, August 27, 2010

Everybody loves a Good Sad Story

Sometimes people just want to find the bad in the good.... so when some people call me in the US to talk most of them start off with very irritating questions which are so not related to my well being but about how bad I must be doing ....

One such question is "have you put on weight?".... and "so you must be very lonely in Washington?"... or if I am taking a trip it would be like "but why? You are not scared to travel alone?" and if I have returned back safely "so nothing went wrong, huh?".... and the most irritating question of all "so have you met someone?"...

aarrggggghhh I get so mad when these questions are asked .... and in complete kindness to my fellow human beings and in the interest of their mental peace I have decided to answer all these questions in the affirmative...

Yes I have put on weight - what should I do ?,

Yes I am really scared to travel alone - infact I have decided not to get out of my house at all till someone accompanies me,

Yes things went horribly wrong on the trip - I almost thot of calling you to help me since I knew only you could come to my rescue,

and last but not least - No I have not met someone yet - but you are so nice to think about me and ask about my future husband - infact in your honour my future husband and I have decided that the first half of my first baby's first name will be your first name ....

But seriously why is it that everybody loves a good sad story?

No comments: