Saturday, August 28, 2010

Romance in a city

Whenever I am asked about why I like Mumbai, my answer, apart from the fact that the city is so dynamic, also includes a sentence that make most people fall off their seat....Mumbai according to me is one of the most romantic cities I have ever been to.... Yes, surprising and I myself know how ludicrous it might sound to a Mumbai hater...

Why do I find Mumbai romantic? First off this city gives you freedom... freedom to do what you want, go where you want, and stay out as late as you want... secondly, the monsoons! I think monsoons anywhere is beautiful and more so in Mumbai....I love seeing couples huddled under an umbrella and walking around in the rain... or even eating a hot butta at bandstand.... for every little you can have a grand time in Mumbai... most of all I like the fact that Mumbai forces people to actually take time to spend with each other... you are so stressed from work that spending time at the end of the day with your loved one is like a balm to frayed nerves...

Now before you go screaming that I am the crazy one just know that rediff.com had a survey of the most romantic cities in India and one of them was mumbai! ofcourse it got only 4% of the votes but then who can compete with Andamans and Kerala?

No comments: