Monday, August 30, 2010

I decided to go to Disneyland primarily to go back in childhood to re-live those magical moments which Disney is so good at providing... and I have to confess I am probably too old to believe in the magic... and the rides at the Disneyland while they were scary they didnt enthuse me as much as I thot it would....

But overall Disneyland was a good trip... everything over there was so colourful... even their "Stop" signs were so colourful in purple and yellow... Mickey's house was enchanting and Minnies house was pink... and needless to say the place was crawling with kids! and I got a glimse of what I would have done if I had visited Disneyland at their age... so a kid got excited seeing Pluto's dog house.... and one got excited meeting Tinker Bell and went up and hugged Tinker Bell.... well even I got excited seeing Donald Duck and while I tried to shake hands with these characters, they were concentrating only on the kids.... age - discrimination?

I also discovered that I am not really any better at talking with kids..... so there was a little girl standing in the same line as me.. .and her parents asked her to tell me her age... which she did very shyly saying " I am four"... and the only response I could mutter out was "ohh, you look so much older".... what I meant to say was probably "you are such a big girl" but this what came out of my mouth.... I am glad the parents didnt chase me away like the witches of fairytales....

I am so glad I didnt have any such mishaps with Baby George....... yet at least.... talking of Baby George, I spoke to Baby George before boarding the flight to Disneyland... and he chose that time to tell me that he is coming to America to visit me "day after tomorrow"... and I was like "Ohhh...but I am in Disneyland day after tomorrow... can you come one day later?... and before the conversation got any more impossible my sister yanked the phone away from Baby George.....

Hmmm, what if he did land up in Washington to visit me when I was in Disneyland and returned home disappointed in not seeing me? Guess I still believe in fairytales...

No comments: