Monday, August 02, 2010

So my weekend was busy.... first it was the art class .... so to prepare for that I had to get up early, cook lunch and pack snacks (since the class was about 5.5 hours long) and run off to the Smithsonian centre wondering why in the world I am taking a class knowing fully well that I am no good at it?....

Once I reached the class however, I had lots of fun.... it was exactly what I wanted to know about watercolour painting... and there were some cool people too.... I made friends with another girl who also joined up the class to de-stress from her high stress job at the IFC.... all in all there were a lot of jokes and lots of painting... ofcourse I did notice that the instructor would comment about everybody's painting but not mine... he would look at mine and just make a silent getaway... It was as if he was saying to himself "Gosh - there is no point in giving any comments - there is no hope for her".... well hope or no hope I got what I wanted - which was an introduction to painting... I was so enthused that I came back and made a few more painting at home while watching TV....

Then there was the photography class on Sunday.... this time our location was the Smithsonian Natural History Museum... now my camera is not cool enough to capture any of the indoor stuff so I effectively scanned all the exhibits at the museum... so I saw the Hope Diamond - not really sure what is so great about it... saw variety of gems and stones - all were so pretty.....

next stop was the Smithsonian Air and Space museum...now I am not such a fan but I believe Christy has become very interested in Space... so it was in his honour that I went to the museum so that I could pick up some cool stuff for him... and pick up I did.... I picked up a NASA pen that writes on any surface, packed icecream that is taken to outerspace for astronauts to eat, a build it yourself globe, and night illuminator which shows the stars.... after buying all this I realised that now I have to buy everything in twos... cos the younger Baby George will not brook any variation to his gifts.... damnn.. I must make another visit there....

after that it was back to my house and preparing my meals for the coming week..... and also some more reading about Lincoln... my respect for him has gone up leaps and bounds... he was such a humble man... in one of the stories apparently the Army Commander (during the civil war) didnt respect Lincoln and hence would keep the President waiting... and Lincoln would wait patiently for the general... now any man or woman would have brought his ego in and thundered an adequate response... not Lincoln.. he just waited...and when the time was right, cos of non performance by the same General, Lincoln showed him the way out... and while showing him the way out he was most respectful as well... another thing is that Lincoln lost his son in the middle of the Civil War... and in the midst of following up on the news of the war front Lincoln was devasted with the death of his son... I admire the courage of the man... to continue to do your duty when your life is falling apart- that is admirable in any person.....

No comments: