Tuesday, October 05, 2010

A day in the life of a new lawyer in London

Am tired and my eyes are shutting off... so London greeted me with a tube strike today... adding to my stress levels... how do I get to the office is high heels??? I cant walk!!! ofcourse the red bus came to the rescue... except it was in the 6th attempt that I got into the bus... and chugged along for a 1 hour drive across town to the office... the roads were packed and for a while it looked like Mumbai traffic in the monsoons....

Day one in office was less scary than I thot. the partner and colleague took me out for lunch... and the first question they asked was "so among the brothers, who is richer?" ... My answer.."Well...both of them are richer than me at least!"... and then the lunch was also used as an opportunity to introduce me to the project I will be working on... and generally the office was more friendly... people were walking into my cabin and talking to me...I have lunch plans for tomorrow.... also have a room mate in the office... which should be fun after a long time...

and then it was a walk back through the bylanes of london with the St. Pauls cathedral overlooking my every move and the chimes of the chruch matching my every step....

Am home...tired, exhausted, excited, thrilled..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: