Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Today something special happened to me.... I started my piano classes at the Royal Academy of Music, London today.... my instructor is a young Syrian pianist.... and I started this morning at 7:30 a.m.

It was afetr a span of 22 years that I was touching a piano... in my hey days I used to read the notes and play quite well at church events.... I stopped my classes after i came back to India... mainly on account of a lack of enthusiasm on my part to do anything beneficial for myself....and then after that I did not look at a piano again....

Till today.... as the instructor took me through the lessons about the notes, reading the notes and playing them slowly all of that came back to me.... I was able to immediately recollect what I used to do with my piano..... and the instructor noticed this in me... within 20 mins he had moved me from the beginners level to slightly more senior (I dont know what that is).... and slowly him and me started playing the piano... very very tentative steps... and I throughly enjoyed the experience!! I kept wondering why it is that I didnt bother to learn this instrument when I was in Mumbai..... The instructor was only unhappy about the way I place my fingers... accordingly to him, it was important to relax and place the fingers lightly... and soon I saw the reason why all piants stay upright and have their fingers positioned in a particular way....

I have discovered one more thing that I can do when I move back to Mumbai....its strange... I never knew that I had all these interests in me when I was in India...and over here my interest range from photography, to painting, to piano to writing! and I am sure I will be no good at all of these but I think I enjoy having so many different things to do.... its also curious that I have picked up activities that are by its very nature very lonely activities to do.... be it painting, photography or even writing.... all of these activities are done without company...

Well to rectify that I have decided to enroll for a chocolate making class in London at the Cadbury centre....yummmm...

No comments: