Monday, October 11, 2010

Sometimes when I argue/discuss with people, the arguments turn pretty personal... so when I have made a point which is probably close to the truth, the reaction would be 'you know maybe that is your problem, not mine'....or sometimes downright sexist 'oh you are woman, you will react like this'...or 'you and your inferiority complex'.... none of these would hold water as far as arguments go but have the desired effect of making you stop and doubt yourself for a while... and when friends use these lines against you you take it more seriously..... so I have had a couple of friends who argue back in this manner....and while in my younger days I would react even more adversely to it but nowadays I am a bit more cautious... and view this as just a plot by them to deflect from the real issue... sounds like a real pot-boiler doesnt it??? I just correct them by saying 'no it is not my inferiority complex but maybe this is a reflection of what I genuinely feel about you'....

So why do friends feel the need to play these emotional games? I dont think I will like the answer to this.

No comments: