Monday, October 18, 2010

This weekend was, simply put - AWESOME!

I am falling more and more in love with London.... a complete contrast from what I felt when I was in London as a student......

So on Sat I did a sight seeing tour of London with an authentic Londener... which ended almost in the emergency room of a hospital because the authentic Londonder's eyes got hurt... I suspect it was the animated discussion we were having on Bollywood music and dance that brought about the animated movement of the eyes...either ways I managed to see a fair bit of London even if it was just walking around Oxford Street, Marlyeborne Road and Angel....

I have to say that London is handsdown the most cosmopolitcan city that I have lived in.... ofcourse NY would be a close competition but London to me has offered a lot more feeling of welcome.... Like I keep saying, London feels like home this time round.... and in someways my yearning for Mumbai has diminished to a certain extent....

And then it was time for my weekend classes.... creative writing to be more precise.... and we were all asked to develop a character ... and I developed on my "Mostly Harmless" series about my co-desk mate.... he turned out to be quite an interesting character.... I noticed however that writing to many was a serious vocation... they hoped to earn money out of this... and to that extent many were ready to undercut the other and put down the others efforst...but I was in it for the pleasure of it... and I loved developing my character... and listening to writers describe where they got their insipiration from....

and then I rounded off my weekend with a nice meal at Woodlands off Oxford Street... something I used to make fun of when my boss did it... but have to say Pongal in NY is wayyyyy better than Woodlands in London... eitherways I packed sambar and dal for the next two days....

Now time for me to wrap up my weekend....

London - awesome. 2010 - even more awesome!

No comments: