Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Turns out my mom has been more upset about my friends changing colour than me.... she said she kept wondering why I was being treated the way I was by some friends.... and ofcourse her conclusion was that it was because I could be a potential disturbance in their life!!! That it is not easy for them to handle a visitor especially since they have kids now....

Which is a fact that has been driven home by my friends.... cos it is difficult to plan anything with these friends since they have kids... and the usual refrain is 'Alice, I have a baby now. You wont understand what it is like'... and I am like, excuse me? do you necessarily have to use that tone with me?? I mean I am not a stupid person (broad concensus being that lawyers are generally of above average intelligence) and I do have siblings with kids... and hence a mere suggestion of what to do with the kid would have been enough for me to get the point rather than a sermon on how difficult your life is and how I have it easier than you.... I almost feel like screaming 'hey, dont take out the anger/frustration on me buddy'....

But on a serious note I wish I didnt have to confront these issues... especially now....I want to assure all my married with kids friends that I do not have the slightest intention of spending more time than necessary with them not because they are boring or lead uninteresting lives but because to be honest I am really too busy filling up my day... at the moment I have too many things to do and too many things to learn so to be honest, it is really not my cup of tea to actually sit at home with people with kids!! I mean absolutely no offence but I mean it in the most selfish of ways - this is a very unique period in my life and i really do not want to waste time cooped up inside a house with a baby which does not even share my bloodline....

On another note, the story of the 3 abandoned baby girls just got me thinking about what I could do for them... adoption did come up but my friend was quick to point out - you are NOT ready to be a mother yet... a fact that I knew myself... but then when is anyone ever ready for change ???

No comments: