Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Yday for the first time when I called a service center an Indian picked up the call... I recognised the Indian because of his accent.... and he was helping me sort out an issue in a foreign website of a foreign government... and after sometime I could not stop my curiosity.. and asked him 'are you Indian?' 'yes maam' came the reply. 'where are you from?' I asked. 'hyderabad, maam'... 'ohh how nice. I am from mumbai'... then and there we almost exchanged cups of tea over the phone...

I am not sure what excited me more... the fact that Indians were helping foreigners with their technology issue... or just talking to an Indian in the most unexpected circumstances... above all I think i was excited to experience first hand the 'call centre' phenomenon that one hears about....

No comments: