Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One of the most irritating things that I encounter in life is a rehash of my past.... be it the stupid mistakes I made while at law school (so I did not always study in law school, so sue me) or the stupid people I used to hang around with in the past, or the past grievenaces that I may have related to some people about people who are still in my life...

I take this as a part of growing up... everybody makes stupid mistakes in life... be it in your choice of friends, boyfriends, studies, etc... I would really like to find someone who has not made that mistake... I also feel that in life if you want to survive and build relationships it is important to overlook some of the mistakes... and you should take the bad with the good and vice-versa... nobody is perfect and if all my friends started avoiding me because of some stupid oversight by me I would have no friends at all....or for that matter your parents - your parents are bound to irritate you and let you down over a period of time... and as part of growing up you end up accepting them with their flaws... and sometimes maintain an equilibrium which maintains sanity in your life....

either ways, it is your choice alone... while others can advice about how one should go ahead and conduct themselves, it really should be left to the choice of the person on how they handle the situation....

so I absolutely hate it when some people rehash the past to point out that I am still making the same mistake... recently someone told me that I am still being stupid because I am forgetting all the bad things that a certain person had done to me.... and the person went on to potray me as some sort of 'bent over backwards' idiot for deciding to keep in touch with the person in my life.....

at that moment I regretted having shared so much with this person.... especially since this person was not being constructive and was using the past conversations to actually force a course of action or prove a certain point to me... which i absolutely loathe anyone doing...

truth be told as a typical libran I avoid confrontation... and that is why I do not walk out of people's lives that obviously (even though I might have mentally switched off) or even cut out people from my life that cruelly... and in most cases I have learnt to accept the good with the bad... and I sure as hell expect my friends to do the same for me..... if I have made a mistake and I still dont seem to get it I expect my friends to accept me for that... ofcourse there are exceptions to the rule but those exceptions are my decision and not anyone elses....

so what lesson did I learn... to keep my mouth shut except with a select few...

No comments: